I'm deeply honored to have been bestowed the Pink Rose Award by both Searching and STE. Y'all make me blush and scuffle my toes. And to know that this award originated from the one and only Kymberli? Well. Very honored indeed.
I'm going to pass this along to at least one person I know already got it, but there's a theme here so bear with me:
A few people in this neck of Blogville really got hit upside the head with rogue commenters in the past week or so. I'm never sure if these commenters are trolls who like pushing buttons and seeing what transpires, or if there really is some sad sack of a person who has nothing better to do than to read blogs that have nothing to do with him/her and butt in and comment in what I can only describe as an embarrassingly unhelpful fashion. So I'd like to give big bouquets of fresh goodness to the following:
Alice, at An Empty Chair at Our Table, who got a nasty comment the week of her daughter's deathiversary -- which sadly corresponded with a failed IVF. She handled the comment with far more grace than I ever would have.
Honey, who reads Alice's blog, who caught the comment and directed some of her own blog traffic over to show Anon how to abide. Thanks so much Honey, the world needs more people like you.
CLC, who also got some Anon bullshit, and who also handled it with grace and class, and
C., who stood up to some blissful ignorance regarding stillbirth in the face of being called "overly sensitive" and a whole lotta other garbage.
All of you rock my world. Pay it forward like so:
The rules are as follows:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else