Thanks to Niobe and the previously's, I will attempt the 10 things "I Don't Get" meme. And by "attempt" I mean I will try and limit myself to only 10, and will exclude anything having to do with the current election cycle (well, almost) which will only incense my lovely readers.
I DON'T GET:
1. Literalists. As in the Bible, the Constitution, Adam Smith. Really? I mean, if you sit down with yourself, deep deep inside, you think every fucking little word is true? You think it applies equally to now as it did then? And conversely, that you can't apply the message to now as you couldn't then? I just don't think this gives the authors as much credit as they deserve, nor do I think it gives your brain as much credit as it may deserve.
2. Golf. If Tiger Woods had to hit the ball in the cup by avoiding the windmill AND getting tackled by three guys who weigh around 300 pounds, I might be interested.
3. Small Dogs. Of the "Toy" Breed varieties: Chihuahuas, terriers that weigh under 10 pounds, Pomeranians. There's a fine line between dog and rodent, and these cross it.
4. Wax Paper. Parchment? That I get. Wax? Not so much. Please inform.
5. Tom Hanks Lurve.
6. Uggs. (Caveat: if you live in Siberia or extreme polar climates, I totally get the need for enormous warm boots that go up to your knees. If you don't, I don't.)
7. Coin purses.
8. Caffeine Free Diet Coke.
9. Mark Rothko (but in a good way). (I think.)
10. Celebrity political endorsements.