I've been tagged. By Coggy, who's gone private FYI -- contact her if you want the secret password. But after I let you all know six scintillating little known facts about Tash d'Awful (other than I'm apparently the most boring person on earth), I'm packing my bags. It's been years since our last vacation. Last year was, well, you know, plus Mr. ABF's job wouldn't give us a free moment. The year before we moved. The year before that, we actually had a lovely weekend in San Francisco . . . where we were for a business trip. Before that, you'd have to get to pre-Bella time. No, I don't count visiting family -- especially family weddings -- as vacation. But now? Mr. ABF is an independent consultant of sorts, and he's presently, um, on a sabbatical, working on the wine cellar in the basement. (We had a cellar in our old house, and thusly have about 500 bottles of wine in storage where they've been parked since 8/06. We miss them.) So he's laying down the saw and canning the insulation talk so we can split town for a few. Not to mention we need to get the hell out of here for a bit for mental health, and all that. So we're going someplace warm where they'll take care of us all, including, allegedly, Bella. I'll be back in a week.
I'll leave you hanging with this.
1) Link to the person who tagged you (As above).
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.
I write a blog. I apparently have this funky babykilling recessive gene . . . Wait a minute, wrong audience . . . stuff YOU don't know, but everybody else does. Hmm.
1) I like dark beer. I watch sports, sometimes indiscriminately, and would pretty much all the time if I could. (I have planned around sports events -- my birthday falls during March Madness and I have actually requested that the games be on, or my party held at a sports bar; and gotten royally pissed at people who do not take World Cup into consideration when planning weddings. Honestly.) In design, I am way more function over form. My dissertation was on military history. I hate shopping. I play poker. I think going to a car show is a freaking great afternoon. In other words, my big little known fact is: I am a man. (Kidding! Just an odd woman.)
2) I hate pudding. The texture wigs me out. I've never liked it.
3) I played soccer from roughly age 10-30.
4) My jobs have included: Planned Parenthood, music librarian, college (but not mine) library assistant, bartender, church newsletter editor (remember the irony: I'm atheist!), musician (played in a quartet that got gigs; played in an amateur orchestra), dean's assistant, and teaching college kids history.
5) I flutter my eyelashes -- really insanely fast, like an eyeroll (imagine me saying "Oh Puhlease"), but with my lashes. It's completely unconscious, and despite repeated demands, I cannot do it on request.
6) When I was a child, my favorite movie was Mary Poppins. I had the entire Mary Poppins get up with dress, carpetbag, umbrella, and poppy-adorned hat, AND the entire Jolly Holiday get-up with dress, fluffy white hat, and parasol. Depending on my mood, I would wear one or the other outfit everywhere, including grocery shopping and to biz-related dinners for my father.
Raise your hand if you want to know six things about Niobe? (Memememememe!)