Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sometimes When It Rains

. . . it shits.

I had a pithy little memorial day post spinning around yesterday, but was totally creamed by other signs that the universe is indeed out to get us:

Turtle and Monkey's Mom discovered that the woman her husband had an affair with? Is Pregnant.

Sue, who I personally think has found a new voice with everything thrown her way of late, suffered a seizure last Friday. Her husband C. has the story on his blog.

And finally, Chance, who has suffered more than enough loss for one lifetime, found out that her final round of Surrogate IVF did not work out. Kym's beta started lowish, and dropped. There are no embryos in the freezer, and there's no more money on the tree.

I hate singling out stories when I know there's so much more hurt out there that I'm missing and not personally noting, but these three really twisted my weekend into knots and made me flip off karma and the universe more than once. I tried so hard to strip naked and dance in traffic and divert the bad luck in my direction, but apparently that's not how it works.

Please, if you haven't already, lend some support. Toss in some swear words. Fluff up the pillows. It's the least we can do.

12 comments:

Julia said...

Fuck, fuck, fuck, and FUCK!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I only knew of Chance's and Kym's shitstorm yesterday, and that was enough to have me flat under. This is just a shittacular constellation. That's about all I have. Going off to visit the others...

Lollipop Goldstein said...

This post matches the outside down here--grey, sad, unstoppable rain.

Michele said...

I spent my weekend crying over some sad blog posts. Sometimes things just suck.

Sue said...

Tash, thanks so much for your support, and for sending shoulders our way.

k@lakly said...

Sometimes being here hurts more than it should. I hate this shit. For everyone.

Inanna said...

Yeah. I want off the karma wheel sometimes. Just so I can puke :(

Which Box said...

I was just about ot write a sometimes the universe sucks post, too, and it was just about Chance. The other. Well. Sometimes the universe does suck.

charmedgirl said...

i never thought i would feel so emotional over people i never met (i barely feel emotional about people i love in real life...). i barely even want to eat. i KNOW, so overly dramatic sounding...but i just hate this shit so fucking much. really, i want to do some kind of fasting or strike or some shit...just cause there's nothing to say or do about it. nothing. and that really sucks. and it's not even me. i'll just stop now. jesus christ.

Anonymous said...

Fuck that is all just so so wrong. WTF?

janis said...

you mean, when it shits, it avalanches??!!
Here, a fellow homeschooling mom found no baby's heartbeat at 33 weeks on Sunday. whole lot of crap shit.

niobe said...

I'm completely gutted over this weekend's events. I guess I must have still been hoping that it would be all right...

Betty M said...

I had been blind sided by two of these when I turned to my reader after a holiday weekend. I am so sad to see there is more shit being doled out by the universe.